The CloudOps Bitcurrent Briefing on Cloud Computing
Changing the Way We Build
In this briefing, we look at the fundamentals of the Cloud and why many believe it to be the infrastructure for coming generations of applications. We also present a taxonomy of the cloud industry and a look at the obstacles it must overcome to attract mainstream adoption.
You will learn about:
- Cloud 101: The basics of the cloud.
- Two ways to outsource: development and operations.
- Virtualization, grid computing, and clouds.
- Layers, services, lock-in, and nesting.
- A layered model of cloud computing.
- Cloud economics: Why it pays, and who will buy it.
- Cloud challenges, and how the cloud will evolve.